I’ve been asked this quite a few times since I started playing a PS3, so I decided I’d make a post about it.
My personal preference is definitely the 360, hands down. Why? Let me tell you;
Perks of the 360:
- 360 controller fits perfectly in my hands.
- The controller doesn’t have a glossy/slippery finish.
- When you download games from Xbox LIVE it is quick and easy.
- Online gaming is better ten-fold on the 360.
- The online community is massive.
- The majority of people will have a 360 over a PS3, therefore you’ll have friends to play with.
- The level of gaming on the 360 is in a completely different league to the PS3. When you do well it’s because you’re good.
- People use mics for team-based games.
Cons of the 360:
- You have to pay to play online.
- Majority of the online fan base are < 15
Perks of the PS3:
- Online is free, and if you decide to pay for Playstation Plus you actually get your money’s worth).
- If you don’t like a challenge, it is easy as hell to do well online.
- There are more “mature” gamers.
Cons of the PS3:
- Controller is small and awkward.
- It has a glossy finish, therefore gets super slippery when your hands are sweaty, and your fingers slide off the “triggers” regardless of sweat or not.
- The PSN network is incredibly slow, and downloading games takes forever.
- When you download something from PSN, you then have to install it instead of it being ready to play.
- The community isn’t that big online.
- There isn’t a challenge to playing online. If you’re an average gamer, you can destroy the enemy 95% of the time.
- 1 out of every 20 people will have a mic, so team-based games are hard work.
There are probably some more points I’ve missed out on both sides, but this is my personal opinion on the matter, and I cannot wait to get my 360 back up and running to have a challenge online, play with people that actually talk and play with friends.